If you’re part of a family-owned business, we’d love to hear from you. Interview your kids, your parents or any other family member involved in your business.
You can submit your interview here. Make sure to add in contact information like an e-mail address so we can reach you if we have questions. (We won’t publish your personal information, we promise)
Questions to ask
- If your parents started the business, why did you get involved? Did you want to do something else originally?
- What’s it like to work with your family? Do you argue about how to run your business? Is business life separate from family life?
- What has been your biggest struggle?
- How do you deal with different family members’ varying ideas for running the business?
- How has the next generation changed your business or the way you will run it in the future?
While you’re at it, taking some pictures! Or make a quick video about your family business. If you’re not a pro at it, we have handy tips.
Not sure how to get started? We have some tips here.